Our reopening has been postponed until further notice.
The wait is over!
Much prayer, preparation and excitement has been poured into the decision to reopen The Church starting July 12th. It will look different – and may do so for a while. But with everyone’s understanding and participation, we can still have the warm and welcoming experience that has drawn each of us to The Church.
- Services will be held at the regular time of 10:30 a.m. Our online church worship experience isn’t going anywhere. We will continue to provide an interactive service beginning at 10:25 a.m. for anyone who is considered in the vulnerable population or who would feel more comfortable to wait a little longer before meeting in person.
- Our capacity will be based on two main considerations: local health authority recommendations/restrictions as well as building layout. We will offer small worship services in a manner that allows space for social distancing.
- Please RESERVE YOUR SEATS IN ADVANCE for you and your family. Everyone is asked to check-in at the table set up in the lobby. This will help ensure that everyone has a seat and no one has to be turned away.
- The church is being sanitized before each Sunday, and seats and touch surfaces will be re-sanitized after service.
- Virtual Wednesday night gatherings will continue.
- Because it’s nearly impossible to properly implement social distancing in the toddler, children, and teen ministries, classes will NOT be offered until further notice. Children/Teens will need to sit with their parents during the service.
WAYS WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER STAY SAFE & WELL
- We encourage you and your family to wear a mask, especially while in the building, and keep smiling! While you cannot literally see a smile behind a mask, it still comes through in your eyes and tone of your voice. Smiles are contagious – even behind a mask!
- Be mindful to stay at least 6 feet from people not in your household. As hard as it will be, do not hug or shake hands.
- Please arrive on time to check in and help seating go smoothly.
- The offering plates will not be passed. However, receptacles will be placed at the altar and exit of the sanctuary, so please place your tithe or a gift in one of these or you can give online.
- We want to see you, but if you are experiencing any of the symptoms described by the CDC, please do not come to church but contact your physician for instructions.
- Continue to pray for one another and the leadership of the church for wisdom and discernment as we walk through this season together.
The staff will continue to evaluate our state and local government guidelines and monitor local health data on a weekly basis to ensure re-entry is safe for our church family. If you have questions, feel free to email or call the church (770) 381-7887.